Wednesday 8 January 2014

New Year, New Dreams

Hi there,

Just thought I would pop in with a quick ta'da.  

My NY resolution was to use yarn in my stash, instead of buying more, in an attempt to save some money.  Over the last few nights I have been rummaging through my yarn stash looking for inspiration.  

I finally found some Hayfield Bonus Aran which I bought years ago and never used.  Now this stuff is 80% acrylic and 20% wool, not what I would usually go for, and hence why it has been ignored, but I thought I would give it a go and see what happened.

So, with no real project in mind, I sat myself down with a cup of tea and reruns of 'Bates Motel' and started to happily hook away.

Before I knew it I had made a lovely Granny circle.  I had doubled up the yarn and used a size 10 hook so progress was super fast.  With just one 'pull back' during the whole project I went to bed knowing that there was a lovely crochet rug waiting for my little toes this morning.




It's really soft and cosy underfoot I'm really pleased with how it has turned out.  I think I'll pop this one in my living room and hook a blue one for under my crochet chair, what do you think?

sweet day dreams xxx


3 comments:

  1. I think it is gorgeous Emily! What a lovely idea! I have been thinking of crocheting a rug for my 10 yo DD's new bedroom so your post was very timely. I have some Panda Zoomy which is about 14 ply and so soft. I am a bit worried it may not sit flat - guess I'll just have to just give it a whirl and see how it goes.

    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jocelyn, happy New Year
      Mine went a bit wavey so I just pulled it back and missed the chain between the clusters on the last round, give it a go, I'll keep my eye on your blog for the pictures xx

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete