Thursday 25 July 2013

Daydreamers WIP's

We are having a bit of work done on the house at the moment so I've been forced to rummage through my studio and select the most important bits to keep whilst the rest gets packed away.

As far as I'm concerned its all important, I need it all with me or near me at all times, my husband rolls his eyes and disagrees.

As it turns out I have quite a few "works in progress" going on so I thought I would share them with you.




I started this one in January, at the beginning of my maternity leave.  It is a giant granny square using King Cole bamboo/cotton in Fuchsia, Grey & Cream.  It was intended for my sisters 40th (which was 4th July), sadly, it remains lap sized- this stays out :)



Now this gorgeous thing has to stay.  It is a vintage inspired cotton bag.  I use to have one when I was a little girl so when I saw the picture I had to recreate my own.  I'm using Style craft DK Cotton in cream and I've picked a  lovely polka dot cotton fabric for the lining. I'm very excited about this :)



This is a cowl I started in March.  We had freak snow storms so I thought I would get it done to keep me snug and warm.  The weather turned warm before I finished so I've popped it away till autumn.  I'm using King Cole bamboo/cotton in Rosé, Dusty pink, Grey, Pebble, Oyster and Saffron.  It's really soft and lovely.  It goes away :(


Now these two are definitely going away.  I'm happy with my decision.  The red and white was going to be a lap blanket for my red and white car.  The purple, pink and cream was for Amelia's dolls.  I'm bored of them so I'll pop them away and maybe turn them into pillow cases in the near future :)


Now, if I only finish one WIP this year it should be this.  I started this after I'd had Amelia. Yes that's about 2 1/2 years ago.  I made all the flowers in about a month then put them away and dint look at them again.  I'm not sure why, it's going to be a fantastic blanket when it's finish.  I only have about 10 flowers left to make! So what on earth is stopping me???!!?!?!!??? It stays out :)

And lastly.

Whilst going through all my WIP's I was inspired to start another one, oops! 


I'm using King Cole Smooth 100% acrylic (for the first time).  I've picked squares from Jan Eatons 200 crochet blocks book.  I have made one square, only 200 more to do- this stays out :)

The boy is awake and wanting feeding, I'll try and pop in before I go away :)

Sweet daydreams 

Em xxx





 




 

5 comments:

  1. Gosh Emily, I am loving all of these different projects. I especially LOVE the flower one - the colour combo is so beautiful - and I can't wait to see it all finished.

    I have Jan Eaton's 200 crochet blocks book too - one of my favourite books for inspiration. Probably the hardest thing is actually picking one of the squares to do instead of picking all of them LOL! Loving the colours you chose for your "new" project - so pretty together :-)

    Crafty {{hugs}}
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jocelyn,

      Its always lovely to read your messages, thank you :)
      I agree that its hard to pick just one square. I do one a week and post it on facebook as #Sunday Square, i find this keeps me motivated :)

      happy hookin, Em xxx

      Delete
  2. Emily, I recently discovered your blog after receiving an email about your classes in Darwen.
    I must say I love your designs, particularly your vintage inspired bag. I would love to get a copy of the pattern if that is possible.
    I am passing your details on to a friend, who is learning to crochet. I have tried to explain the basics, but I think your detailed instructions with clear photos will help enormously.
    I hope to be able to get along to your classes some time soon.
    Happy crocheting! Carol (Darwen)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol,

      Thank you for taking the time to leave a message, its always nice to hear from a fellow crocheter.

      I got the vintage pattern from etsy. link below, it was £1.30 but had quite a few errors so I designed my own. As usual, I made it up as I went along and didnt write it down (I must stop doing that). I was thinking of starting a crochet along in September so if you were interested I could plan to do the bag :)

      I am also starting evening classes in september if you or your friend are interested :)

      hope to see you soon Em xx




      https://www.etsy.com/listing/125884251/instant-pdf-pattern-vintage-1960s-aran?ref=sr_gallery_17&ga_search_query=bag+crochet+pattern&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_vintage_rewrite=vintage+bag+crochet+pattern&ga_original_query=2&ga_search_type=vintage&ga_facet=vintagebag+crochet+pattern

      Delete
  3. Hello, thanks for your lovely comments on my blog! Wow, you have so many lovely WIPs - I love your colour choices and those flower motifs are gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing all your projects finished :-)

    Jenny
    X

    ReplyDelete